REPOST ARTICLE SOURCE: http://www.cultureworks.org/annual-campaign-for-the-arts/workplace-giving/benefits
Benefits to Arts & Cultural Organizations
- Provides critically needed general operating support to cultural organizations.
- Enables greater access to the arts to students and underserved populations.
- Leverages additional funding opportunities. For 2012 Culture Works has received a challenge grant from the The Harry A. Toulmin and Virginia B. Toulmin Fund of The Dayton Foundation that will match new and increased giving to the Campaign up to $100,000.
- Enhances cultural vitality to attract an even greater number of artists and arts offering to our community.
- Insures that the Dayton region is viewed nationally as a thriving cultural community worthy of investment.
Benefits to Employees Culture Creates Community
In addition to employees knowing that they are supporting their community.
PASSPORT Members receive valuable ticket and coupon offers and special reminders
- Passport members, those who a pledge $85 or more to the Culture Works Annual Campaign, you will receive a Passport card, good for two-for-one tickets to a variety of arts events around the Dayton region as well as restaurant and retail discounts. To learn more about the Culture Works Passport Program, (ADD link – in window) or call us at (937) 222-2787 .
- Passport members also receive special reminders about important community cultural events and opportunities to take advantage of other membership benefits.
New and increased contributions qualify for a Special Match
The Toulmin Fund of The Dayton Foundation will match any new or increased gift from individuals, businesses and foundations up to a total of $100,000 for 2012. Culture Works is grateful for this support to maximize gifts to the campaign and in turn donor impact. (ADD link in Window)
New Options for convenient giving
Employees can choose convenient giving options to meet their needs including on-line giving and company payroll deduction where offered. 2012 Campaign for the Arts participants are freed from writing checks monthly to several nonprofits and can break up a significant annual gift into manageable small contributions.
Employees who give through the workplace campaign can have their names and contact information passed along to Culture Works so that they can receive the receipts they need for tax purposes.
Benefits to Employers
A Workplace Giving Campaign increases your company’s philanthropic presence and impact in the community.
- Campaigns are customized for each organization and designed around the culture of your workplace. They can be as high energy or as low-key as you desire. You can extend the relationship with participating organizations beyond workplace giving to other employee involvement or education opportunities, if this meets the goals of your company.
- Activities associated with the campaign are great resources for team building and expanding the connections between employees.
- By inviting Culture Works staff and arts partners to an event, employees can ask questions directly regarding the impact of their gift. It also introduces employees to community resources they may not know about.
- The annual Campaign for the Arts allows employers to increase the impact of corporate philanthropy by assisting employee support of organizations not already part of a matching gift program or current philanthropy initiatives.